Last Updated: 13th June 2019
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations)
The general data protection regulation (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all persons within the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA). GDPR came into effect in May 2018.
This regulation is to provide transparency
- Of how personal data is collected, stored, used and shared
- Of informing you what data is collected
- Preventing the collection of personal data that is outside the use of our website and
- Ensuring that you will only be contacted by giving clear consent by ‘opting in’.
- Your name, address and email address is collected only in the act of fulfilling contracts between you and Gary F Smith. By placing an order you provide this information and give clear consent to its use in the fulfilment of that order
- Your name and email address is collected when you use the contact form to contact us. You may provide a telephone number which is optional and only required if you wish to be contacted by telephone
- No information is shared with third parties for the purpose of marketing. Your personal information is provided to third parties only for the purpose of delivering orders, which you gave consent to by placing an order
- Our website does not collect email lists for the purpose of newsletters or email marketing
Your personal information is shared with certain third parties who provide a service on our behalf. They only have access to the personal information they need to perform those services
- Your name, address and order information may be shared to ‘One Vision Imaging’ our professional printing lab only to the extent necessary for the purpose of printing and shipping your order directly to you, which you gave consent to when placing an order
- Our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider, stripe. We share information with stripe only to the extent necessary for the purpose of processing payments you make via our website, and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments
Security of Personal Information
When you place an order via our website we will store the personal information you provide as order information on our secure password protected servers.
- We will take all reasonable precautions both technical and organisational to prevent the loss, misuse or alterations of your personal information
- You recognise that information transmitted over the internet can be insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of information sent, and that you are responsible for keeping your online details confidential, which includes but not limited to passwords, financial information and other login details. We will not ask you for any information regarding this
Social Media Platforms
Our website contains links to social media platforms. These links are provided which may be of interest. We are not responsible for the policies or practises of these links and caution should be used before any communication or action is taken through these links.
We will not disclose the personal information you provide to us other than as deemed reasonable necessary.
- To the extent required by law
- In connection with any ongoing prospective legal preceding
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights including providing information to others for the purpose of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk
- To persons who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of rights with regards to your personal data. You have the right to instruct us to provide to you or erasure of your personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport countersigned by a recognised profession plus an original copy of a latest utility bill showing current address)